Spending some time with the ladies (and gents) who lunch in Botley
The Botley Lunch Club is held regularly at The Bugle Inn, Botley and is just one of the ways that Botley Neighbourcare are Good Neighbours – we were welcomed by the lovely Lynne and some Good Neighbours volunteers, where we enjoyed a delicious coq au vin and managed to get these great images capturing just how much the Lunch Club means to everyone.
With a special thanks to Anna Vickers for the photography
Just some of the wonderful GNN stories you have shared
- Driving a lady to hospital who used to be one of the ‘girls from Bletchley ‘working on the Enigma project
- A volunteer driver who despite being injured and wearing a surgical boot, (although cleared for driving) aided a patient with a Zimmer frame to a hospital appointment causing some double takes as the two of them went down the corridor.
- A remarkable lady called Betty who despite suffering from AMD (age related macular degeneration) undertakes telephone befriending for two people and last year raised money for the Macular Society by abseiling down the Spinnaker Tower, the same year that she celebrated her 90th birthday!
- A volunteer who was introduced to a clients husband as she pointed to the ornate urn on the mantelpiece, holding his ashes.
- How a volunteer driver started the NOT ON YOUR OWN CLUB in response to seeing a lot of people living on their own and now offers a regular monthly get together with food and entertainment and organises shopping trips to the local village.